Senior Exams Exemption
Seniors may exempt their final exam in any class in which the following criteria are met:
- 85 or higher (before honors points and without recovery)
- No suspensions, in-school or out-of-school during the entire spring semester.
- No more than 5 abscenes from the individual class.
Senior Exemption/Check Out forms are available outside of the attendance office now. Forms must be turned in no later than Friday, May 15th or your last day of classes to the Attendance Office.
Exemption is by period/class. It is possible to meet the requirements and exempt one class but not the others. Before their last day, seniors must take around the Senior Exemption/Check Out forms. This form must be completed, signed by a parent or guardian, and turned in to the Attendance Office before the last day of your classes.
On Friday, May 15th, all seniors will be called to clean out lockers and return textbooks. All fines must be paid for before senior checkout.
- Friday, May 22, 2015: Graduation Practice - NHS Stadium (Mandatory) 9AM
- Friday, May 22, 2015: Graduation Day, NHS Stadium 8PM (No tickets required)
Graduates report to main gym by 6:30PM on May 22, 2015.
Information on Caps, Gowns, Announcements
Please use this link: http://www.gabalfour.com/. The current graduation fee is $100. This includes cap, gown & tassel, diploma and diploma cover, venue expenses, plus rental fees. All students must pay this fee if they are participating in the graduation ceremony.
The PTSA is celebrating your senior each month of this exciting last year of high school. Once a month the seniors are honored with “Senior Treat Day” during their lunch period. Some of the most enjoyed treats from last year were Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme donuts, Rita’s Italian Ice, brownies, cookies, and ice cream. Senior Treats are funded by PTSA funds and donations from senior parents like you. A donation of $15.00 is requested from all parents, though any amount will be greatly appreciated and accepted. Please make checks payable to Northview H.S. PTSA and bring it to the front office marked “Attention: Senior Treats.”
The graduating class of NHS is celebrating graduation with an all-night safe, drug and alcohol free after graduation party. This party, called Project Graduation will be held at Andretti Indoor Carting and Games. It is here that the graduation seniors enjoy a fun filled night out with their classmates before they all move on with their college plans. Andretti’s is exclusively reserved for Northview students only. A variety of activities are planned for the night. Graduates will be fed all night long with breakfast served before leaving.
- Who can attend? Northview seniors who have received their diploma and have registered for the event.
- When and where? The celebration will be at Andretti’s beginning at midnight after graduation and ending at 6:00 a.m. on May 23rd.
- How do I register? Look for information regarding registration on the PTSA website.
- What’s included in my $85.00 registration fee? A night full of entertainment.
- Will there be food? Yes, lots of it! Food and beverages will be served throughout the entire event. For example: a taco bar, burger bar and a breakfast bar.
- Do we need your help? YES! PG is partially funded by donations and fundraising. You can help make Northview’ s PG 2015 a huge success by supporting our fundraising, donating monetarily or by contributing gift items. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun evening and also ensure that each student receives a gift or gift certificate. Last years’ gifts included luggage, desk lamps, coffee makers, printers, alarm clocks, and iPod accessories.
- Who should you contact for information? If you have questions, please email: Keora Lum at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please support Project Graduation by encouraging all Northview seniors to attend! Our goal is 100% participation.