Northview Stadium - Thursday, May 23rd at 8:00 pm
Graduates report at 6:30 pm. We are asking that SENIORS do not drive to the school. To save spaces for parking, we are requesting that parents drop their student off at the Gym entrance no later than 6:30 pm.
Stadium gates will open at 6:30 pm.
Please do not save seats and there will be no coolers allowed in the Stadium.
All guests will be allowed to enter from 6:30 pm until 7:45 pm. Guests will be allowed to enter and sit field level (please bring seats/chairs, a blanket, etc…) on a first come first serve basis. Our hope is to sit all that would like to attend but we will also be showing the ceremony in our auditorium and live streaming through the internet with the link available on our school website. No one will be allowed admittance into the stadium area once the procession begins at 7:45 pm until all Seniors have been seated.
Each Graduate will receive their diploma immediately following the ceremony. Tables will be set up in the cul-de-sac near the Baseball field. If a Graduate decides not to pick up their diploma following the ceremony, diplomas will be available for pick up in the main office during the summer beginning June 1st.
We will have individuals to aid in parking. We also have secured overflow parking in the Church across the street. If anyone needs special parking arrangements for handicapped family members, please notify the school by the end of business on May 15th and we will reserve space in the lower parking area closest to the Stadium entrance.
Northview Stadium - Thursday, May 23rd at 9:00 am.
Attendance is mandatory for participation in the graduation ceremony.
Upon arrival, seniors will need to check in with their counselor and turn in his/her Checkout Sheet (if they have not already do so).
Seniors will not be allowed to participate in the practice until his/her Senior Checkout Sheet is completed and turned into a member of our Counseling Department.
All fees/fines must be cleared to participate in the graduation ceremony.
At the completion of the practice, students will be treated to a Senior brunch at the Stadium.
Attire for Graduation
For Girls: Dress or Dark Pants (no shorts or jeans), Dark dress shoes or sandals.
(NO athletic shoes, flip flops or High Heels).
For Boys: Dress shirts with tie, dress slacks (no shorts or jeans), Dark dress shoes or
sandals. (NO athletic shoes or flip flops).
Graduation this year will cost $80. To pay your Graduation fee, go to the Balfour website and select Northview in the dropdown. Then select "Cap & Gown / Grad Fee".
BETA and TAG Seniors
Starting Wednesday, May 1, (through the last day that seniors are at school, and while supplies last), Mr. Martin will have Beta Medallions and TAG Cords for sale for $15, each, in Room 608. While Ms. Zhou teaches Chinese in Room 608, during First and Second Period, you may come by the TAG Office before school, from 8 to 8:20, in Room 522, (which is in the 500 cross-hall). You may also come to Room 608 during either of your lunches, or immediately after school. The TAG CORDS are two color, two-strand, Carolina Blue and White TAG Honors Cords. For TAG Cords, you may see either Mr. Martin (608), or Mr. Weinberger (435). We will collect your CASH ONLY. No checks, please! Please act quickly, as supplies are limited to first-come, first-serve!
Attention All Seniors and parents:
The PTSA is celebrating your seniors each month of this exciting school year. Once a month the seniors are honored with “Senior Treats Day” during their lunch period. Some of the most enjoyed treats from last year were, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme donuts, Rita’s Italian Ice, brownies, cookies, and ice cream. September and October Senior Treats were sponsored and funded by the PTSA. Starting in November, senior treats will only be offered to seniors who have paid for the treats.
Please make checks payable to Northview H.S. PTSA Please put your child's name on the Memo line. You can mail your check to the school at : Northview HS, ATTN: Senior Treats, 10625 Parsons Rd, Johns Creek, GA 30097. You may also choose to bring it to the front office marked “Attention: Senior Treats.” Shall you have any questions, please contact Ellen Li at email@example.com or Patti Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to volunteer for Senior Treats, please contact us so we can put you on the list. Thank you so much for your participation.
- If you have submitted a transcript request on GACollege411, you must still bring in an Electronic Transcript Request Form and give it to Ms. Boatwright before the transcript will be uploaded.
- If you have submitted a UGA regular decision application, you must still bring in a UGA Transcript Request Form and give it to Ms. Boatwright before your transcript will be uploaded and your counselor evaluation processed
- If you have submitted a Common Application, you must still bring in a Common Application Transcript Request Form and give it to Ms. Boatwright before your counselor evaluation/recommendation/transcript will be processed.
- If you have applied to any other college, you must fill out an Electronic Transcript Request Form, attach a 9x11 envelope with proper postage, addresses and return addresses, attaching any counselor evaluation forms or special instructions and attaching a $3 processing fee before your transcript will be mailed
Please remember that you must turn in these requests 15 BUSINESS DAYS prior to the college's deadline if you wish for your forms, evaluations, letters, transcripts and any other supplemental information to arrive on time.
All forms are available on the Counseling website
Feel free to stop by and see your counselor or Ms. Boatwright if you are unclear on any of this information.
The NHS Counseling Department
Baccalaureate Service - Save the Date!
All 2013 NHS graduates and their families are invited to the Baccalaureate Service @ Johns Creek Baptist Church. The Baccalaureate service is a farewell address delivered in the form of a sermon to the graduates. This is a multi-faith occasion of thanksgiving & celebration to recognize the completion of your high school academic career. It is independent of the NHS diploma ceremony on May 23, 2013.
Invitations & RSVP information will be provided in early 2013. For more information, please contact any of the Baccalaureate Chairpersons listed.
Amy Kopanski – email@example.com
Karen Macrina – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paulette Utesch – email@example.com
The graduating class of NHS is celebrating graduation with an all-night safe, drug and alcohol free after graduation party. This party, called Project Graduation will be held at Dave and Busters. It is here that the graduation seniors enjoy a fun filled night out with their classmates before they all move on with their college plans. Dave and Buster’s is exclusively reserved for Northview students only. A variety of activities are planned for the night, including unlimited use of the facility, hypnotist, comedian and magician, bowling, video games, music featuring the Garage Bands, dancing, and more! Graduates will be fed all night long with breakfast served before leaving.
- Who can attend? Northview seniors who have received their diploma and have registered for the event.
- When and where? The celebration will be at Dave and Busters (formerly Jillian’s) at Sugarloaf Mills beginning at midnight after graduation and ending at 6:00 a.m. on May 23rd.
- How do I register? Look for information regarding registration in January.
- What’s included in my $75.00 registration fee? A night full of entertainment such as a DJ, bowling, a hypnotist, casino games, arcade games and prize drawings throughout the evening.
- Will there be food? Yes, lots of it! Food and beverages will be served throughout the entire event. For example: a taco bar, burger bar and a breakfast bar.
- Do we need your help? YES! PG is partially funded by donations and fundraising. You can help make Northview’s PG 2012 a huge success by supporting our fundraising, donating monetarily or by contributing gift items. Our goal is to provide a safe and fun evening and also ensure that each student receives a gift or gift certificate. Last years’ gifts included luggage, desk lamps, coffee makers, printers, alarm clocks, and iPod accessories.
- Who should you contact for information? If you have questions, please email Benae Lambright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please support Project Graduation by encouraging all Northview seniors to attend! Our goal is 100% participation.